Friday, May 16, 2014

Rehab Cupboard!


Addicted To Rehabbing!


I just finished another cupboard!  I love collecting the 1920's - 1930's pieces!  This cupboard was originally a two tone piece that had a glass door with an ornate wood screen.  To update this piece I removed the door!  Yes, some of you may be cringing but the door distracted a bit from the items placed on the shelves.  Now it is a more versatile piece.

This one took most of the week because I did a 6 step color process on it.  

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

My base coat - French Linen
My second coat Old White
My third coat - Cocoa Wash
My fourth coat - Old White Dry Brush
My first coat - more fine tune distressing
My last coat - Clear wax to seal.

I loved how it turned out and now up for sale.  

Ready to start my next piece.....hmmmmmm another wardrobe coming up:)



No comments:

Post a Comment