Wednesday, May 28, 2014

10 Plants To Deter Deer



Creating A Garden That Deters Deer

Yesterday before work, I decided to admire my garden that I had worked on all weekend.  I was surprised to find 2 of my vintage pots completed turned over with all of the flowers on the ground that I had planted.  I looked around to find deer tracks all over the new soil, however I noticed nothing was eaten!  Why didn't they eat anything?  After a little research I found out I have planted everything deer do not like! 

Deer often steer clear of plants that are bitter, spiny, poisonous, fuzzy, coarse, or very aromatic. When designing your cottage garden there are so many plants you can use that fit this category!

Here are 10 fragrant and thorny plants that will look wonderful in your cottage garden and that deer will stay away from.
Roses:

Climbing Pink Rose

Herbs:

Rosemary

Lavender

Mint

Thyme

Salvia


Cat Mint
Source

Perineals:

Coneflowers


Black Eyed Susans
Source

Bell Flower

Iris

Astilbe


No comments:

Post a Comment